AJP offers guidance through the essential
facts of your prescription. At AJP we carry a wide range
of brand and generic drugs. Our responsibility and professionalism goes beyond
dispensing and preparing your medications. We will make sure that you are fully
informed about the medications you are taking so that you can get the most
benefit out of them. When dispensing medications we will discuss:
- Possible drug interactions.
- Saving money on quality, FDA approved generic drugs
which often saves you up to 60% compared to brand names. Generic drugs are
identical (or within an acceptable range) to their brand-name counterparts.
- The name of the medicine and what it is supposed to
- How and when to take it and for how long.
- What foods, beverages, other medicines and
activities to avoid while taking the medicine.
- Potential side effects and what to do if they occur.
- What to do if you miss a dose.
- Proper storage instructions.